A customer ID is a number that identifies the customer in a bank. It can be used to check the person’s account balance, find out if they have made any transactions and to see what services they have with the bank. In HDFC bank, to use mobile banking or Internet banking, you need your customer ID. So, how to get customer ID of HDFC bank. Let’s see 3 easy ways.
Topics Covered in This Article:
- For what uses you need your bank customer ID
- Is customer ID same as account number
- Are customer ID, CIF and IFSC same
- How to get customer id of HDFC bank: 4 easy steps
- How many digits you get in HDFC customer ID
- Where you can find the customer ID in HDFC kit
- Can I change HDFC customer ID and Is it OK to share bank customer ID
The Customer ID is a unique number assigned to the customer by the bank. The Customer ID is often used as an account number, and it can also be used for other purposes such as for credit card verification or for opening a new account.
It can be found on all checks, deposit slips, credit cards, and loan documents that have been issued in your name.
For What Uses You Need Your Bank Customer ID
There are many reasons for why you need your bank customer id. For example, you might need to transfer money from one account to another.
The bank customer ID is an important document that helps you access your account and take care of your personal finances. There are many reasons why you might need it, but the most common use is transferring money or making payments.
Is Customer ID Same as Account Number
A customer ID is an identifier for a customer. It is not the same as a bank account number. It is used to identify the customer in all of the company’s data.
Account number is a number assigned by the bank to an account that a customer has with them. The account number does not have any personal information about the customer and it is just for identification purposes.
Are Customer ID, CIF and IFSC Same
The customer ID, CIF and IFSC are all related to each other. They are all used together to identify customers in banks and financial institutions.
- Customer ID is a unique identifier for a customer in the bank
- CIF stands for Customer Identification File and is associated with the customer ID
- IFSC stands for Indian Financial System Code and is also associated with the customer ID.
How to Get Customer ID of HDFC Bank: 4 Easy Steps
If you have forget your customer ID, you can easily find your bank account customer ID by logging into your online banking account through HDFC bank website.
4 Easy Steps to Get Customer ID of HDFC Bank:
- Go to https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/ and click on forgot customer ID option
- Enter your mobile number, date of birth, PAN number and click continue
- Enter the OTP received in your mobile in the next page and click continue
- On the next page, you will see your customer ID appeared.
Another simple method to get your customer ID of HDFC bank is, you can call the customer service line of your bank and ask them to provide you with the customer ID.
How Many Digits are there in HDFC Customer ID
HDFC is a private sector bank in India with more than 3,000 branches and over 13,000 ATMs. It offers you a very wide range of banking products.
HDFC customer ID has 9 digits.
Where is the customer ID in HDFC kit:
Generally, the customer ID is found in the following locations:
1. The top left corner of the account statement
2. The top left corner of the credit card statement
3. The top left corner of the debit card statement
4. On the front of your debit card
Can I Change HDFC Customer ID and Is it OK to Share Bank Customer ID
No, you cannot change your bank customer ID. However, you can contact your bank to have them change the number for you.
Is it OK to Share Bank Customer ID:
This is a question which has been debated among people for a long time. There are many arguments for and against the sharing of bank customer ID. So, what are the pros and cons of sharing bank customer ID.
Some people think that it is not necessary to share their bank customer ID with anyone because it is confidential information, but there are also some people who think that it is OK to share their bank customer ID because they want to help other people.
Some people think that the pros outweigh the cons and sharing your ID with others can be helpful, while others believe that there are more cons than pros when you share your banking information with other people.
It’s important to have an understanding of what you’re giving up when you share your personal information with others. But, normally, it is not suggested to share any of your banking information with anyone.
So, this is how to get customer ID of HDFC bank in just 4 easy steps. If you have any question, confusion or any suggestion, please comment below of this post. Thank You!
Read Our Other Articles: