A cashiers check is a type of check that is issued by a bank. It is usually written for a specific amount of money, and it can be used to purchase goods or services. So, how to get a cashiers check and what are the benefits of using it. This is a step by step complete guide about cashiers check.
A cashiers check has many uses. It can be used as payment for goods or services, such as rent, and it can also be used as an alternative to cash in transactions where the buyer does not want to give out their personal information.
What is a Cashier’s Check
A cashier’s check is a check that is drawn on a bank’s funds and not the customer’s funds, that can be used like cash.. It is a guaranteed form of payment when someone is buying something expensive and they do not want to carry around large sums of money. It is drawn by a bank on it’s own funds, and signed by the bank’s teller or cashier.
Cashier’s checks are often used to pay for large purchases such as cars, boats and real estate. It is guaranteed to be good for the amount written on it when someone wants to buy something expensive and they do not want to carry around large amounts of money.
How to Get a Cashier’s Check
You may need to get a cashier’s check from your bank for a variety of reasons. It is a safer option than carrying around large amounts of cash.
The process to get a cashier’s check is quite simple. You need to contact your bank and ask them if they offer this service and what the fee is. If they don’t offer it, find out which banks do offer it and contact them to see what their fee structure is like.
5 Steps to Get a Cashier’s Check
- Go to the bank and request one from an account manager.
- Fill up a form and provide your name, contact information, and the recipient’s name and address.
- Pay for the amount of the check in person with cash, check or credit card.
- Provide identity verification documents that bank requires such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Wait for your cashier’s check to arrive in the mail within 2-3 days.
When you get the cashier’s check, make sure that you know who the check is made out to before you go in so you can fill out the form correctly when you are there.
Benefits of Using a Cashier’s Check
1) A cashier’s check is the safest way to send money to someone else because it can only be cashed by the person who receives it.
2) If you are buying expensive items, then you should ask for a cashier’s check so that you can be sure that the seller will deliver the goods and not take your money and run away with it.
3) A cashier’s check is more secure than paying with your credit card in case there are fraudulent charges on your card due to data breaches or hacking incidents. This is because credit cards have zero liability protection, unlike cashiers checks which have unlimited liability.
4) The recipient of a cashier’s check does not need to wait for their funds like they would with wire transfers or online payments. So, it is a convenient way to make payment.
5) It offers less chance of bounced checks.
6) It can be used by people who do not have checking accounts because they are unable to get them due to bad credit or other reasons.
7) It offers easy and quicker transaction facility for large transactions.
Disadvantages of Using a Cashier’s Check
1) When you use a cashier’s check, you’ll need to pay a fee to the bank that issued it. This fee is usually between $5-$25 and can vary depending on what type of account you have with the bank and how much money you withdraw from your account at once.
2) There are only two ways that you can use a cashier’s check – as payment for goods or services or as an investment vehicle in stocks and bonds.
3) When the original amount on the check exceeds, it must be presented to the bank in person and not just deposited into an account.
4) The person issuing the cashier’s check has to have an account at that particular bank.
5) The process takes longer than other types of checks because they have to be processed and verified by the issuing bank before they can be cashed.
So, this was a complete discussion about cashier’s check. Here we discussed about ” what is a casher’s check, how to get a cashiers check, benefits of using a cashier’s check and disadvantages of using a cashier’s check. I hope the article has provided you all your required information. So, this is about how to get a cashiers check. At last, I request you to provide your suggestion or feedback in the comment section below. Thank You !
Read Our Other Articles:
How to Spot, Prevent and Report Banking Fraud
What to do After Money is Transferred to the Wrong Account?