A debit card can be used to withdraw cash from an ATM, make purchases in-store or online, or transfer money between accounts. It is a safer alternative to carrying cash and it is less expensive than using checks. It is also is accepted at many retail stores and restaurants.
The legal age for obtaining a debit card depends on the issuing bank’s policies. Some banks require that the applicant be 18 years old, while others may offer the account to those who are 17 years old. Today, we will see how you can get a debit card at 14 & 16 years age.
Topics Discussed in This Article:
- What You Need To Know About Getting A Debit Card
- Requirements For Getting A New Debit Card
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Debit Card
- How to Get a Debit Card at 14 & 16? 2 Easy Methods
- The Complete Guide To Choosing The Best Teen Debit Card For You!
- Types of Debit Cards and Which One Works Best For Your Needs
Getting a debit card under 18 years age is not as easy as it seems. You need to meet certain requirements and follow the right procedure.
Young people are usually not allowed to get a credit card because they don’t have the necessary credit history. But with a debit card, they can still have access to their money.
What You Need To Know About Getting A Debit Card
The process of getting a debit card is simple, but there are some things you need to know before applying. You’ll need to provide your name, address and SSN as well as some other basic information like your date of birth and phone number. You’ll also need to provide bank account details so that the bank can verify that it’s yours.
3 things that you should keep in mind before getting a debit card under 18 years old:
-A debit card is linked directly to your bank account so you can’t spend more than what is in your account.
-If you lose your debit card, it is important that you report it immediately so that no one else can use it for fraud purposes.
-You should keep track of how much money is in your account so that you don’t overdraw from the account.
Requirements For Getting A New Debit Card
The requirements for getting a new debit card are the same as those for a credit card. In order to get a debit card, you will need to provide your identification and proof of address.
You must be at least 18 years old and also have a social security number or tax identification number. You will also need to provide your name, address, date of birth, and signature. You may also need to provide additional information depending on the type of account you have with the bank or credit union that issued your debit card.
Why You Need to Be 18 Years Old For Getting a Debit Card
This is because the government has imposed a law that says that you need to be 18 years old to get a debit card. The reason for this is that most debit cards are linked to your bank account, and the government wants to ensure that you have the maturity and responsibility required for handling money before they give you access.
The 18-year-old age limit is a law in most countries. This means that if you are under 18, even if you have a job, you can’t get a credit or debit card from your bank unless someone older than 18 co-signs for it.
How to Get a Debit Card at 14 & 16? 2 Easy Methods
Nowadays, getting a debit card from your bank has become very easy. You can get it instantly. You can either apply for a new debit card through online via your bank’s website or you can personally visit bank and get a debit card by filling the form.
The process of getting a debit card at 14 and 16 is the same as the process of getting a debit card at 18. There are two ways to get a debit card at 14 or 16.
- The first way is to ask your parents for permission and then get their consent.
- The second way is to be an emancipated minor, which means that you have been legally declared an adult by state law, or you have been granted legal independence by a court order because your parents are unavailable or unwilling to care for you.
Follow the below steps to get a debit card under 18 with parent signature:
1) Got o your nearest bank with your parent and open a saving account there.
2) Take your birth certificate, or national ID card if any, your 2 pp size photo, your parent photo and national ID card.
3) Fill up the account opening form and debit card request form. All forms will be signed by your parent (either father or mother).
4) When you become 18 years old, bank will ask you to update your account from minor to major account. After that, your account will be operated by your own signature.
5) After, filling up all the forms and submitting to bank, you will get your debit card. Bank can either provide instant debit card (If have) or you have to wait for 7 to 10 days.
The Complete Guide To Choosing The Best Teen Debit Card For You!
If you are a parent, you might be wondering what the best debit card for your teenager is. There are many different options available, but it can be hard to figure out which one is right for your teen.
Choosing the best debit card for teens can be a difficult task. However, it is important to know what you are looking for in a card before you even begin.
The best cards are those that offer the most benefits and rewards, but also have a low fee or no monthly fee. You also want to look at what types of purchases the card allows, whether it has an EMV chip and how much interest it charges. The more features a card offers, the higher its price will be so there are trade-offs to consider when choosing one.
Types of Debit Cards and Which One Works Best For Your Needs
There are many types of debit cards and it can be difficult to figure out which one will work best for you. There are two main types: “prepaid” and “reloadable.”
Prepaid cards are typically cheaper than reloadable cards, but they don’t offer the same benefits. Reloadable cards allow you to load money on the card and then spend that money anywhere, but they’re often more expensive than prepaid cards.
Read Our Other Articles:
How to Receive Money From Western Union (3 Simple Ways)
How Do Banks Make Money on Savings Accounts?