Western Union is a global leader in the money transfer industry. It has been around for over 171 years and has a long history of providing people with the most reliable, fast and convenient way to send and receive money. So, how to receive money from western union. Let’s see 3 simple ways!
Topics Discussed in This Article:
- How to send money through Western Union and how does it work
- How to receive money from Western Union
- 3 simple ways to receive money from Western Union
- How long does it take for Western Union to send money
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Western Union
Western Union is an international money transfer service that allows you to send money to other countries quickly, easily, and securely. The Western Union Company provides more than 500,000 agent locations in more than 200 countries.
How to Send Money Through Western Union and How it Works
Western Union is the most trusted money transfer service in the world. It offers many different ways to transfer funds, including online, mobile app, kiosk and store locations. The company also offers international wire transfers through its global network of agents.
3 Ways to Send Money Through Western Union (App, Online and Agent Locations)
1. Sending Money Through Western Union App or Online Through It’s Website:
The steps to send money through it’s app and online through it’s website is same. The only difference is that in first method, you have to download it’s app from play store or app store and in second method, you have to login through it’s website.
Now you can use following options to send money through app or website.
A) Send Money For Cash Pickup
Step 1: Signup and create an account and get verified on western union app or website.
Step 2: Login to your account through app or website.
Step 3: Click on send money option and choose pick up in cash. You have to enter amount and destination too.
Step 4: Select a payment option either bank transfer or credit or debit card. In case of bank transfer, you have to verify your bank.
Step 5: Enter receiver’s name and address as written in his identification document.
Step 6: Finally, you will get a tracking number which is called MTCN. You have to share this number with receiver. To receive the money, receiver presents this number and identification document near to western union agent.
B) Send Money Directly to Receiver’s Bank Account
Before sending money, make sure you have all the necessary bank details of receiver.
Step 1: Login to western union account through its app or website.
Step 2: Click send money and select the amount and destination.
Step 3: Choose delivery to bank account and select payment option via credit/debit card.
Step 4: Enter receiver’s bank details correctly. after that you will receive confirmation email and MTCN number.
Step 5: Share MTCN number with the receiver.
C) Send Money to Receiver’s Mobile Wallet
You can also send money to receiver’s mobile wallet through western union. It means you can send money directly to receiver’s phone using his mobile number.
All steps are same as above, only you have to select delivery to mobile wallet option and enter the receiver’s mobile number. The only condition is that western union only allows money transfer to mobile wallet with it’s partner in selected countries.
2. Send Money Through Western Union Agent in Locations
Send Money For Cash Pickup/Receiver’s Bank Account/Receiver’s Mobile Wallet
Step 1: Find a western union agent available near you. You can use it’s app or website to find a nearby agent.
Step 2: Get a form from agent and fill up that form with all the necessary details.
Step 3: In the form you will have to select 1 out of 3 option of sending money. 3 options are cash pickup, bank transfer or mobile wallet transfer.
Step 4: Complete all the details in the form and give it to the agent. He will then provide you the MTCN number.
Step 5: Finally share this MTCN number with the receiver and that’s it.
How to Receive Money From Western Union
To start, you will need to find a local agent that is close by. This can be done by either looking on the Western Union website or through a search engine. Once you have found an agent, you will need to bring with you some form of identification and the receiver’s name and address. You can also print out the transfer details from your email if necessary which contains MTCN.
The next step is for the agent to verify your identification and then they will ask for payment in order to process the transaction. Once it has been processed, they will then give you the money in cash or through a bank account transfer depending on what was requested when sending it over.
3 Simple Ways to Receive Money Through Western Union
The way to receive money through western union depends on the way, how sender has sent the money to you. So, 3 ways to receive money are as follows:
- If sender has selected “Cash Pickup” option while sending money, you can go to nearest western union agent location and get the cash instantly. To get the cash, you have to provide your MTCN number and valid identification document.
- If sender has selected “Send to a Bank” option, the amount will be directly credited to your bank account which you can withdraw through check.
- If sender has selected “Mobile Wallet” payment option, the amount will be credited to your desired mobile wallet.
How Long Does It Take For Western Union to Send Money
The duration to send money through western union also depends on the money transfer option selected by the sender. The sender has selected cash pickup or mobile wallet option then the money transfer will be instant.
But, it will take 1-3 business days depending upon receiver’s country, while sending directly to receiver’s bank account through western union.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Western Union
Transferring money from one place to another is easy with Western Union because you can use their website or a mobile app to transfer money from your bank account to another person’s bank account.
- The fees are affordable, especially when you compare them to what other companies charge for international transactions.
- It has an extensive network of agent throughout the world. So, receiving money is very easy.
You can send money from any country in the world as long as you have a valid ID card, which makes it accessible for people who live in countries where there are restrictions on sending and receiving money.
Disadvantages of Using Western Union are:
1) Speed: Western Union can take up to 3 days to complete a transfer.
2) Fees: Western Union charges a fee for both the sender and receiver, which can be expensive when sending large sums of money overseas.
3) Privacy: The sender’s name and address are required when sending funds through Western Union, which could be an issue if you want to remain anonymous.
4) Safety: While there have been no documented cases of fraud with Western Union in recent years, it is still possible for hackers to access your personal information and use it for fraudulent purposes.
So, this is how to receive money from western union. I have shared 3 simple ways on “how to receive money from western union”. If you have any question or doubt about anything, I request you to comment below. Thank You!
Read Our Other Articles:
What Banks Use Zelle in 2022 | Everything to Know About Zelle
How to Manage Credit Risk in Banks